Home > Bike frames > Suspension frames
Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Frame (RockShox) 2022 -
Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Frame (RockShox Shock)
The Reactor 290 Carbon Frame from Nukeproof features an ultra-strong monocoque carbon fibre build that is ideal for high-speed trail riding anywhere on Earth. This trail-ready full suspension mountain bike (MTB) frame is more than capable of handling all the demands associated with all-day epics on the trails. Ready for charging across rock gardens, tree roots and debris, Nukeproof has also kitted out this model with a high-quality RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T rear shock that brings exceptional smoothness, traction tuneability and control to every ride, over all terrain conditions. Designed for modern trail riding, its 148x12mm Boost rear hub spacing gives it increased stiffness and strength, while its updated geometry with internal cable routing delivers slick handling on the most demanding of terrains.
From concept through to design, the Kinematics, the geometry and specification; the Reactor is designed from the ground up to be the ultimate aggressive trail bike. It is at home on technical climbs, but happiest when thrashing the most technical trails you can point it at.
Full Suspension Carbon Fibre MTB Frame
To optimise the weight, strength and stiffness, the Reactor Carbon frame features a full UD woven carbon fibre frameset (Including chain and seat stays). It is available for 27.5 or 29 wheel sizes. These are two totally different, compromise free frames that were designed and developed at the same time. Each frame is simply tailored around each wheel size.
Speed or Play: which do you value more? The manoeuvrability of 27.5 or the raw speed of a 29?
Adjustable GeometryAll Reactor frames feature a flip chip to adjust the geometry from Trail to Rail mode.
- Trail As the name suggests, this setting is best suited for trail riding. It is for riders who get as much enjoyment from the climb as the descents.
- Rail - The Rail setting turns the Reactor into a corner shredder, dropping the bottom bracket 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree. It is there to maximise the descending capabilities.
To ensure the bike could climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof designed the 4 bar horst linkage to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but lower levels when you drop down the cassette. This means that the bike can behave itself on the climbs but when you get it up to speed, it turns into a trail hooligan. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive rate give ultimate small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. Balanced anti-rise figures allow the Reactor some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Rear Shock
Debuting a revolution in damper technology, the RC2T damper, found at the Ultimate level, allows for the most precise compression tuning ever seenthe kind that makes the milliseconds difference between winning and learning.
Tunabilitys the name of the gamenow you can fine-tune shock feel throughout travel from top to bottom outor bottomlessits up to you to decide. Super Deluxe stakes its claim as the premier performance technology required by riders gunning for the crown. Let the winning legacy live on.
Engineered to strike a chord, the new DebonAir+ system was built on the idea of tuneability. Designed to meet the needs of all types of riders, DebonAir+ offers two different air cans to augment each frames particular kinematics.
Utilizing a needle that rations the flow of oil as the piston moves through the stroke, Hydraulic Bottom Out kicks in within the last 20% of travel, sparing you the pain of that harsh clanking bottom out after impact without sacrificing reactivity or traction. Found in our Super Deluxe lineup, Hydraulic Bottom Out plays nice with our Bottomless Tokens, allowing riders to fine-tune their air spring without worrying about bottoming out.
- Material: Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fibre, 130mm travel
- Use: Mountain Bike, All Mountain, Trail
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T, Custom 0L1 32SB tune (L1 compression Tune with Linear Air Can, 0 Neg, 1 Pos Spacer and 320 lockout force) 210x55mm, Bearing End
- Fork Travel: 150mm
- Axle to Crown: 564mm
- Fork Offset: 44mm
- Rear Travel: 130mm
- Wheels Size: 29"
- Max Tyre Size: 2.6"
- Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated): 30%
- Shock Size: 210x50mm
- Shock Hardware F: 25x8mm
- Shock Hardware R: 30x8mm
- Sizing Options: M/L/XL
- Headtube: 44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated
- Headset: ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8
- Bearings Required: 2x (6902 2RS), 4x (6800 2RS), 4x (6901 2RS)
- Seatpost: 31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)
- Seat Clamp: 36.4mm
- Bottom Bracket: Threaded 73mm BSA
- Rear Hub: Boost 148x12mm
- Rear Axle: SRAM Maxle Stealth M12x1.75 180mm (Thread Length 20mm)
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Brake Mount: 180mm Direct Post
- Protection: 3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS
- Cable Routing: Internal cable routing
- ISCG05 mount
- Enduro Bearings
- Weight: 3.5Kgs/7.7lbs (Medium option)
RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Technologies:
- RC2T Damper, the most tunable shock damper RockShox has ever made, offers completely independent High Speed and Low Speed Compression adjustments, eliminating cross-talk so you can tune your shock to exactly how you want it to perform
- DebonAir+ air spring maximizes fine-tuning potential, allowing you to tune both the negative and positive air volume to perfectly match your bike, desired ride feel, and the trail ahead
- The optional Hydraulic Bottom Out kicks in to restrict the flow of oil within the last 20% of travel, offering a soft hydraulic cushion that reduces harsh bottom out
- 15 clicks of Rebound adjustment offer a wider range of tunability and accommodate more rider types
- Castled bottom out bumper reduces harsh bottom-out, leaving extra room for the bold to go big
- Increased bushing overlap maximizes small bump performance and grip
- Separate and independent Open and Threshold pistons tuned exactly for your ride
- Fresh new premium graphics package to flash on the podium or as you blaze past your buddies on the doubletrack
- Top-of-the-line Maxima Plush Dynamic Suspension Lube reduces friction to help maintain traction
Buy Nukeproof Frames & Forks from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Bike frames
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.