Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Mountain Bike Frame 2020 - £2499.99
Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Mountain Bike Frame
The all-new Carbon Reactor was born and constructed to soar to the peaks, carve trails, smash ruts and blast technical descents with confidence and style. Built with a full carbon fibre frameset and advanced-suspension platform at its core, it takes its name from the original Reactor back in 1996 but a lot has changed since back then. This modern 29-wheel frame features modern geometry combined with flip-chip adjustable suspension technology to dominate the most daring routes with ease.
Full Carbon Fibre Construction with Trail-Focussed Suspension Platform
With a UD woven carbon fibre frameset at its core (Including chain and seat stays), this ride gives DH-levels of rolling stability and ultra-reactive trail-smoothing suspension performance, while its lightweight construction makes climbing back to the top for another run easy. Engineered for rough-terrain assuring stiffness, durability and strength, this ride is engineered for World-Class handling responsiveness and control, and its suspension platform soaks up everything from the smallest chatter to the bigger hits effortlessly.
ON SALE: END OF OCTOBER
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 130mm Travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle/chain stays/seat stays, internal cable routing, custom tuned rear shock, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom ML 380 tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End (Comes with 1x bottomless token fitted so you have them if needed.)
- Fork Travel: 140mm
- Axle to Crown: 554mm
- Fork Offset: 51mm
- Shock Travel: 130mm
- Wheels Size: 29"
- Max Tyre Size: 2.6"
- Shock Size: 210x50mm
- Shock Hardware F: 25x8mm
- Shock Hardware R: 30x8mm
- Headtube: 44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated
- Headset: ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8
- Bearings Required: 2x NP-5 (6902 2RS), 4x NP-7 (6800 2RS), 4x NP-106 (6901 2RS)
- Seatpost: 31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)
- Seat Clamp: 36.4mm
- BB: Threaded 73mm BSA
- Rear Hub: Boost 148x12mm
- Rear Axle: SRAM Maxle Stealth M12x1.75 180mm
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Brake Mount: 180mm Direct Post
- Protection: 3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS
- Custom tuned rear shock configuration
- Internal cable routing
- Enduro Bearings
- Threaded 73mm BB
- Boost 148mm rear axle spacing
- 3D contoured frame protection
- 2 position adjustable Flip chip system
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a "flip-chip", so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from "Trail" to "Rail" mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate give it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
Buy Nukeproof Frames & Forks from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Bike frames
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin