RockShox RS1 ACS Solo Air Forks 2016 -
RockShox RS1 ACS Solo Air Forks
When it came time to best their XC platform, it meant re-evaluating every element that defines the most winning XC fork in world cup history.
A ruthless approach to material optimisation, an ultra efficient energy saving lockout and quite possibly the world’s lightest air spring all designed to enable riders to find their next line. The outcome was something unexpected. A fork that ushers in a new-generation philosophy to XC rider efficiency, packaged in a chassis design never before seen by RockShox. RS-1 harnesses 25 years of creativity, refinement, and the courage to tackle the biggest engineering challenge of mountain bike suspension to date: the inverted chassis. The all-new Accelerator Damper, which combines incredible small bump performance with an ultra-efficient lockout. And Predictive Steering, a reimagined interface between hub and dropouts which enabled us to create an inverted fork light enough for XC racing and stiff enough for trail riding.
- Weight: 1646g (27.5"), 1666g (29")
- Springs: Solo Air
- Damping: Accelerator (with Dig Valve and Rapid Recovery rebound tune)
- Adjustments: XLoc remote (lockout and floodgate) and Beginning Stroke rebound
- Crown: Carbon
- Steerer: Tapered Carbon
- Upper Tubes: 32mm aluminium, Fast Black
- Lowers: Carbon
- Predictive Steering 110mm hub compatibility
- Maximum Rotor Size: 200mm
- Other: Brake Type: Disc, Axle: Predictive Steering w/Maxle Ultimate (hub sold separately), Fork Offset: 42mm (27.5"), 46mm/51mm (29")
Please Note:Fork only, shock pump or service kit not included. A "predictive Steering" hub is also required for use with these forks, due to the toothed dropouts
- Solo Air: Solo Air is like a Buddhist monk. Its enlightened design lets you add air to your forks through a single Schrader valve, filling both the positive and negative air spring chambers simultaneously. So they’re always in perfect equilibrium, like Yin and Yang. Giving you a plush, predictable ride you can set up in seconds, with the lightest weight air spring on the market.
- Accelerator Damper: Contrary to popular belief, rewriting the rulebook isn’t all upside. After designing the fork chassis from the ground up, it meant developing an all-new damper to eek every percent of performance out of the RS-1. A tall order, but one that RockShox fully embraced. They started by re-evaluating how XC athletes produce efficient power and navigate course conditions while fatigued. They created a firmer lockout for moments of maximum sprint efficiency and added the Rapid Recovery system to keep the fork riding high, in the plushest part of the travel. Then air was eliminated from the damper circuit ensuring absolute consistency. The Dig Valve compression tune was created to manage diving during successive hits and heavy braking. They eliminated material redundancies by housing the circuit in a sealed cartridge, reducing weight and even made the cartridge easily serviceable in the race pits or at your local shop. RockShox believe the Accelerator Damper crystallises the performance of RS-1 by helping riders turn every pedal stroke into acceleration towards the top step of the dais.
- Air Guides: RockShox print Air Guides on all of their air-sprung forks. Maybe not a technological feat, but it will help you set up your suspension in seconds instead of minutes. And more time on your bike equals more chances to earn King of the Mountain on your favourite trail. Maybe they are a technological feat.
- Dig Valve: RockShox has redesigned the rebound piston to accommodate the Dig Valve, which provides the optimal level of control for both low and high speed compression, carefully controlling the oil flow to provide the rider with the right amount of support and impact absorption. The piston redesign allows the use of Rapid Recovery, a rebound tune that allows the shock to recover faster between consecutive bumps, for greater traction and a more controlled ride.
- Maxle Ultimate: Basic things like axles are often the easiest to overlook. Put one hand on the Maxle Ultimate, though, and you’ll be glad they paid serious attention to the finer details. Because one hand is all it takes to remove or install the Maxle Ultimate. Lever-placement personalisation is accomplished completely without the use of tools. Available for both front and rear, Maxle Ultimate is the easiest-to-operate axle system in the world. No tools, no worries, so you can concentrate on the trail ahead.
- Predictive Steering: Unique fork, axle and compression technologies combine at the core of Predictive Steering. Fork twisting is reduced thanks to the large-diameter TORQUE TUBE axle that creates an unbreakable bond, locking the lowers in place and maximizing torsional stiffness. A wider hub flange spacing results in a stronger, more responsive wheel. The new Maxle Ultimate completes the connection with a tighter, stronger clamping force than you’d expect with a quick release compression system.
- Rapid Recovery: Who doesn't want more available wheel travel for successive hits? The Rapid Recovery System allows the shock to recovery faster between consecutive bumps, letting the wheel track the ground with greater precision. This more active suspension system doesn’t pack up and enables the bike to ride in a higher and softer part of the spring rate. Rapid Recovery gives the rider access to more available wheel travel, bump after bump, to achieve a smoother and more controlled ride.
- Sag Gradients: Don’t set your sag correctly, and you might as well be hopping onto someone else’s bike. But why bust out plastic clips or rulers to keep your suspension fine-tuned? RockShox's sag gradients are printed right on the fork’s upper tubes and shock damper bodies making perfect suspension setup easy and accurate.
- XLoc Sprint: Opposable thumbs let us do a lot of cool things. Rule over all the animals on the planet, climb to the top of the food chain, even invent the bicycle. And now they’re helping us kill it on the trail. This hydraulic lockout offers completely sealed and dependable lockout control through the click of an easy-to-reach button that can be triggered with a single thumb press. Press on to unlock, press again to lock. It’s just that easy. So next time you’re on the trail, remember everything those thumbs have done for you.
BuyRockShox Suspension Forksfrom Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all MTB forks
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin