RockShox RS1 ACS Solo Air Forks 2017 -
RockShox RS1 ACS Solo Air Forks
The design of the RockShox RS1 ACS Solo Air Forks is inspired by the revolutionary original RS-1 from 25 years ago but they feature a never seen before chassis design. The RS1 ACS Solo Air's steerer, crown and upper legs are all integrated together into a single carbon mainframe. This unique design enhances the steering precision, strength and the durablility.
RockShox Inverted Fork for Cross Country or Trail Riding
In addition to the highly advanced construction, these forks boast RockShox's Accelerator Damper, which offers outstanding small bump sensitivity to help you maintain speed and control. Also, at the fork's dropouts feature the Predicitive Steering technology that improves the interface between the hub and fork. This helps to create a fork that's light enough for intense cross country racing and stiff enough for trail bikes too.
- Material:Steerer: Carbon Fibre tapered; Crown: Carbon Fibre; Uppers: Carbon Fibre; Stanchions: 32mm Forged, hollow 7075 Aluminium, Fast black coating
- Spring:Solo Air
- Damping: Accelerator with Dig Valve and Rapid Recovery rebound tune
- Adjustments:XLoc remote (lockout and floodgate) and beginning stroke rebound
- Predictive Steering 110mm hub compatibility
- Disc brakes only
- Recommended Rear Shock: RockShox Monarch
- Maximum Rotor Size:200mm
- Axle: Predictive Steering with Maxle Ultimate
Please Note:Fork only, shock pump or service kit not included. A "predictive Steering" hub is also required for use with these forks, due to the toothed dropouts
- Air Guides:RockShox print Air Guides on all of their air-sprung forks. Maybe not a technological feat, but it will help you set up your suspension in seconds instead of minutes. And more time on your bike equals more chances to earn King of the Mountain on your favourite trail. Maybe they are a technological feat.
- Maxle Ultimate:Basic things like axles are often the easiest to overlook. Put one hand on the Maxle Ultimate, though, and you'll be glad they paid serious attention to the finer details. Because one hand is all it takes to remove or install the Maxle Ultimate. Personalised lever placement is accomplished completely without the use of tools. Available for both front and rear, Maxle Ultimate is the easiest-to-operate axle system in the world. No tools, no worries, so you can concentrate on the trail ahead.
- Solo Air:Solo Air is like a Buddhist monk. Its enlightened design lets you add air to your forks through a single Schrader valve, filling both the positive and negative air spring chambers simultaneously. So they're always in perfect equilibrium, like Yin and Yang. Giving you a plush, predictable ride you can set up in seconds, with the lightest weight air spring on the market.
- Accelerator Damper: RockShox re-evaluated how XC athletes produce efficient power and navigate course conditions while fatigued. They then created a firmer lockout for moments of maximum sprint efficiency and added the Rapid Recovery system to keep the fork riding high, in the plushest part of the travel. Then, air was eliminated from the damper circuit ensuring absolute consistency. The Dig Valve compression tune was created to manage diving during successive hits and heavy braking. RockShox also eliminated material redundancies by housing the circuit in a sealed cartridge, reducing weight. The Accelerator Damper crystalizes the performance of RS-1 by helping riders turn every pedal stroke into acceleration towards the top step of the podium.
- Predictive Steering: Unique fork, axle and compression technologies combine at the core of Predictive Steering. Fork twisting is reduced thanks to the large-diameter TORQUE TUBE axle that creates an unbreakable bond, locking the lowers in place and maximizing torsional stiffness. A wider hub flange spacing results in a stronger, more responsive wheel. The new Maxle Ultimate completes the connection with a tighter, stronger clamping force than you'd expect with a quick release compression system. Compatible with the SRAM Predictive Steering hubs and the RISE XX, RISE 60 and ROAM 50 29" Wheels, and featured on RockShox RS-1.
BuyRockShox Suspension Forksfrom Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all MTB forks
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin