Vitus Rapide 29 CRX Mountain Bike -
Vitus Rapide 29 CRX Mountain Bike
With a full lightweight carbon fibre frame at its heart, the Rapide 29 CRX hardtail is the ideal choice as your trail-conquering, cross country (XC) racing machine. Fast, agile and stable, its modern geometry positions you for ultimate control. It also boasts an ultra-efficient components package that includes Shimano XT 12-Speed gears and hydraulic disc brakes, plus terrain-smoothing RockShox SID SL Ultimate suspension forks.
Cross Country (XC) hardtail descriptions are typically littered with overstatement; like Rocketship, course-crusher and game-changer. Yawn. There's no need to lay it on thick or exaggerate, just have fun and get the job done. The Vitus Rapide CRX Mountain Bike does all the talking for itself, on the flowing trails, the marathon days and in the frenetic cross country races.
The joy of this proven race-ready carbon hardtail is that it easily meets the demands of cross-country, with stiffness that converts power instantly into trail speed and obedient handling that gives you back precious seconds. Attack the climbs, attack out of corners and back yourself to attack off the front.
The lightweight carbon frame is equipped with components that are dialled for performance. Rockshox SID Ultimate forks can be instantly locked out with the OneLoc remote so that you can carry speed up and over climbs and a full Shimano XT groupset is a knowing sign that this bike is tuned to race. If you want to go chasing for the front of the pack then this bike has the pedigree. But its pointless being able to smoke the climbs if the bike then lets you down in the descent, because XC racing is about having the all-round edge and you need a bike that can rail the racing line. And thats what makes it fun, right? Racing on a bike that feels fast and delivers for you as a rider.
The Rapide CRX will instill a high level of confidence in you, as when you need acceleration and traction they are available and when you hit the technical stuff and the nervy descents the control and balance keep the handling honest. Youre less tense. Looser, fresher and less fatigued. It's a lightweight hardtail, yes, but the Rapide CRS brings both comfort and performance.
Please Note: Due to volatility in the bicycle supply chain we may slightly alter the specification of the component parts supplied with this bicycle. Where this happens we have listed the alternate product in the specification table and have ensured that this is of either equivalent or superior specification to the stock component.
- Superlight carbon fibre frame with fast, responsive handling and efficient climbing capabilities
- RockShox Sid SL Ultimate forks
- Shimano XT 1x12 speed drivetrain
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes
- Tubeless ready WTB KOM Light i2 wheelset with tape already applied
- Fast-rolling Schwalbe Racing Ray & Racing Ralph tyres
- Frame: Rapide Superlight Carbon, internal cable routing, PF30 BB shell, Boost hub spacing 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Fork: RockShox SID SL Ultimate 29, 100mm travel, remote rockout, DebonAir, Charger Race Day damper, 32mm stanchions, tapered alloy steerer, Boost hub spacing 110x15mm Maxle Stealth axle, 44mm offset
- Headset: Acros AZX-212-CO R5, Zero stack, sealed bearings, 1 1/8 1 ½, ZS44/28.6 56/40
- Handlebar: Ritchey WCS flat bar, 6061 alloy, 5mm rise, 9° back sweep, 720mm wide S/M, 740mm wide L/XL
- Stem: Ritchey WCS C220 84D, Forged 2014 alloy, +/- 6° rise, reach S -70mm/M-80mm/L -90mm/XL-100mm
- Grip(Tape): Vitus lock on
- Front Rim: WTB KOM Light i25, TCS 2.0, 29 32h tubeless tape fitted
- Rear Rim: WTB KOM Light i25, TCS 2.0, 29 32h tubeless tape fitted
- Front Hub: WTB ProTerra, EZO stainless radial bearings, 32h, 6-bolt, Boost 110x15mm thru axle
- Rear Hub: WTB ProTerra, EZO stainless radial bearings, ultra-quick 3.7-degree engagement, 32h, 6-bolt, Boost 148x12mm thru axle
- Front Tyre: Schwalbe Racing Ray EVO, Snakeskin, TLE, Addix speedgrip, 29 x 2.25
- Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO, Snakeskin, TLE Addix speed, 29 x 2.25
- Chain: Shimano XT M8100
- Crankset: Shimano XT M8100, 30T, S 170mm/M,L,XL 175mm
- Bottom Bracket: Prestine PF
- Front Brake Set: Shimano XT M8100
- Rear Brake Set: Shimano XT M8100
- Brake Rotors: Shimano RT76 - 180mm Front, 160mm Rear, 6 Bolt Hub Fitment
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M8100 Shadow plus, long cage, 12-Speed
- Rear Shifter: Shimano XT M8100 Rapidfire plus, 12-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano XT M8100 11t-51T, 12-Speed
- Saddle: WTB SL8 Comp, 142mm wide
- Seat Post: Ritchey WCS Zero 3D forged 7050 alloy, zero offset, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Seat Screw: Vitus bolt, 34.9mm
- Weight: Medium: 9.8kg (tubeless setup)
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikes
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.