Home > Kids bikes > Kids bikes
Vitus Razor Disc 24 Kids Road Bike -
Vitus Razor Disc 24 Youth Road Bike
The Razor Disc 24 Youth is a high-performance and lightweight road bike for younger riders. Proportionally sized to suit youth cyclists and their smaller hands, this bike is engineered and equipped to ensure teenagers can ride fast and aggressive while having complete confidence in their control of the bike. Its aluminium frameset is equipped with a Microshift R8 8-Speed groupset and powerful Tektro disc brakes for a superb balance of smooth-shifting performance and all-weather braking reliability. And it rolls upon stable and flex-free Vitus 24" wheels wrapped in high-grip Kenda Koncept tyres.
There was a time when buy big and let them grow into it was the done thing. Not anymore. The Vitus Razor for kids puts an end to youngsters bikes looking and feeling unwieldy. At every age a bike should fit properly.
It should feel stable and easy to control, especially when your child is getting to grips with riding on the road. It should be fun and inspire confidence. It should be light and optimised for easy pedalling. It should be everything that the Razor Kids already is.
The Razor Kids uses a lightweight aluminium frame with a geometry that is tailored for smaller sizes, so it feels like a road bike should. At the front, the bike combines a short stem with a compact handlebar to prevent awkward over-reaching. This means that when it comes to negotiating common road obstacles, such as potholes or wet drains, the responsive handling enables your young rider to respond with control. Short-reach shifters are perfect for smaller hands and ensure that the powerful flat-mount disc brakes are always accessible.
The bike arrives with 1-inch (25mm) tyres, but there is plenty of frame clearance to adapt the setup for wider tyre options if you want a touch more comfort or stability for routes that explore towpaths and rougher lanes. The Microshift groupset uses a single front chainring so maintenance is low, while at the back the rear derailleur, with clutch, keeps the shifting light and easy, so small fingers can quickly find the gear they need.
The Razor is not just a drop-bar bike for kids. Its a proper road bike and every detail has been chosen carefully to ensure that your young rider feels confident and stable. Start them out on the right road bike and inspire a lifetime of fun. The downside? Youll soon be having to ride harder just to keep up.
- Razor Platform: Sporty, comfortable and durable road bike
- Frame Material: 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Wheel Size: 24"
- Intended Use: Road - Performance
- Sporty looks and a comfortable riding position
- 6061 T-6 aluminium frame and fork
- Microshift R8 8-Speed groupset
- Powerful Tektro disc Brakes
- Frame: Razor 24 Aluminium, 6061-T6 Aluminium, Disc Brake, Internal Cable Routing, Mudguard Mounts, Flat Mount,12mm x 142mm Hub Spacing, Axle Specifications: 160mm Length, 14mm Thread Length, M12xP1.5 Thread Pitch
- Fork: Razor 24 Aluminium, 6061-T6 Aluminium, 1 1/8 Steerer, Flat Mount, 100 x 12mm Axle
- Headset: Neco Semi-Integrated Threadless Headset, 1 1/8, 44 / 28.6 44 / 30
- Handlebar: Vitus 6061 Aluminium, Reach: 65mm, Drop: 100mm, Width: 340mm
- Stem: Vitus 6061 Aluminium, Bar Bore: 31.8mm, Length: 40mm
- Grip(Tape): Vitus, EVA Cork
- Wheelset: Vitus, 24", 6-Bolt Disc Brake, HG Freehub, 12mm x100mm Front, 12mm x 142mm Rear
- F/rim: Vitus Shining, A-M5, 24", 28 Hole
- R/rim: Vitus Shining, A-M5, 24", 28 Hole
- F/hub: Vitus KT, XF1F-12, 28 Hole, 6 Bolt, 142 x 12mm
- R/hub: Vitus KT, M4ZR, 28 Hole, 6 Bolt, 100 x 12mm, HG Freehub
- F/tyre: Kenda Koncept , 24" x 1.0"
- R/tyre: Kenda Koncept , 24" x 1.0"
- Chain: KMC X9, 8 Speed
- Crankset: Prowheel A10XPP, 32T, Crank Length: 140mm
- Bottom Bracket: Cartridge Square Taper, BSA Threaded, 68mm, English
- F/brake Set: Tektro MD-C510 Disc Brake, Flat Mount, Cable Actuated
- R/brake Set: Tektro MD-C510 Disc Brake, Flat Mount, Cable Actuated
- Rotors: Tektro TR160 and TR140, Front: 160mm, Rear: 140mm
- R/derailleur: Microshift R9, RD-R43M for 8/9/10 Speed
- R/shifter: Microshift R8, SB-R480, 8 Speed
- Freewheel: Microshift R8, CS-H081, 8 Speed, 11-34T
- Saddle: Vitus, Steel Rail
- Seat Post: Vitus 6061 Aluminium, 27.2mm x 350mm
- Seat Screw: Aluminium 31.8mm, Stainless Steel Bolt
- Weight: 7.7kg
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Kids bikes
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.