Home > Complete bikes > Hardtail bikes
Vitus Sentier 29 VR Mountain Bike -
Vitus Sentier 29 VR Mountain Bike
The Sentier 29 VR is a versatile hardtail mountain bike (MTB) that is ideal for fast trail riding sessions with friends, epic day-long singletrack rides and laps of your local bike park. It rolls upon 29" wheels and features a durable and lightweight aluminium frame with low, long and slack geometry, giving you a superb balance of agility, control and all-day riding comfort. Engineered to offer excellent performance anywhere in the hills, this MTB is armed with 130mm-travel Marzocchi Bomber Z2 suspension forks and a Shimano Deore 1x11-Speed groupset that includes an 11-51 Tooth wide-range cassette and hydraulic disc brakes. It also rolls upon Tubeless Ready WTB i30 TCS 2.0 rims wrapped in fast-rolling and high-grip Schwalbe Magic Mary and Hans Dampf tyres.
Agile, Fast and Versatile Hardtail Mountain Bike
The Vitus Sentier VR Mountain bike has quickly established itself as a classic hardtail, having amassed something of a cult following thanks to its confident and playful character. But its not just the peoples champion. The Sentier is a multi-award winner that continues to prove itself out there on rough trails and exciting adventures. A hardtail that wont shy away from technical descents and aggressive riding, it never fails to find that flow and excite. Snappy, obedient and nimble, like a hardtail should be, yet also hungry to go all-in where things get steep and challenging. Where other hardtails get weak at the knees.
Lets be clear. The Sentier is not just some cheeky upstart or pretender. Far from it. From head to toe, this bike boasts reliable components to keep maintenance low and deliver the finest trail riding experience. The real deal. The longer, slacker geometry gives you the control and stability to cruise the tricky sections, while the shorter stem keeps the handling precise through tight turns.
From the dropper post to the 1x11 speed Deore drivetrain and the 130mm Marzocchi Bomber fork, this mountain bike is ready for full-on, fun-filled sessions. The double-butted aluminium frame and quality components are ready to go straight from the box, but as you get to know your Sentier, as you become addicted to its personality, so this becomes the perfect chassis to put your own stamp on. To personalise and customise your hardtail setup.
For full-day sessions with mates. For cruising the climbs and loving the descents. For balance and poise with no loss of entertainment. For keeping the fun-factor turned right up. Any time on-board the Sentier is playtime.
- Frame: Sentier Aluminium 6061-T6 Double Butted, IS disc brake mounts, BSA threaded BB, Boost hub spacing 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Fork: Marzocchi Bomber Z2 29, 130mm travel, Rail damper, Float air spring, 34mm stanchions, , tapered alloy steerer, Boost hub spacing 110mm x 15mm bolt through axle
- Headset: Acros AZX-212-CO R5, ZS44/28.6 upper & ZS56/28.6 lower to suit 1-1/8" upper tapered to 1.5" lower headtube
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Neutron V2 Riser, 6061 Alloy, 25mm Rise, 9° Back Sweep, 31.8mm Clamp Diameter, S & M: 760mm Wide, L: 780mm Wide, XL: 800mm Wide
- Stem: Vitus 50mm Reach, Alloy, 31.8mm Handlebar Clamp Diameter, 3° Rise
- Grip(Tape): Vitus Lock On, N/A
- Wheelset: WTB i30 TCS 2.0 rims on Vitus KT hubs, 29" Wheelset, 32H, 6 Bolt, Boost 110mm x 15mm Front & 148mm x 12mm Rear Hub Spacing
- Front Rim: WTB i30 TCS 2.0, 29", 32H, Presta Valve, Tubeless Ready Rim Tape Installed
- Rear Rim: WTB i30 TCS 2.0, 29", 3H, Presta Valve, Tubeless Ready Rim Tape Installed
- Front Hub: Vitus KT DHF112, 32H, 6 Bolt Disc Fitment, 110mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Vitus KT H5ER-SH, 32H, 6 Bolt Disc Fitment, 148mm x 12mm
- Front Tyre: Schwalbe Magic Mary, 29", 2.4", Evo, Super Trail, TLE, Addix Soft
- Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Hans Dampf, 29", 2.3", Performance, DD, RaceGuard, TLE, Addix SpeedGrip
- Spoke: Stainless Steel, Double Butted
- Chain: KMC X11, 11 Speed, 114 Links
- Crankset: Shimano Deore M5100, 32T Narrow Wide Chainring, 170mm Crank Length
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB52, BSA Threaded BB, 73mm Shell
- Front Brake Set: Shimano Deore MT410 or Clarks M4, Post Mount, Shimano: Two Piston Caliper, Clarks: Four Piston Caliper
- Rear Brake Set: Shimano Deore MT410 or Clarks M4, Post Mount, Shimano: Two Piston Caliper, Clarks: Four Piston Caliper
- Rotors: Shimano RT56 or Clarks M4, 180mm Front & Rear, 6 Bolt Hub Fitment
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore M5100, 11 Speed, Shadow Plus, Long Cage
- Right Shifter: Shimano Deore M5100, 11 Speed, Rapidfire Plus
- Freewheel: Sunrace CSMS7, 11 Speed, 11-51T Range
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron, Black, Steel Rails
- Seat Post: Brand-X Ascend Dropper, Remote lever, 31.6mm Diameter, S: 100mm drop, M: 125mm drop, L & XL: 150mm drop
- Seat Screw: Vitus, 34.9mm Diameter
- Weight: Medium: 13.3kg (tubeless setup)
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikes
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.