Home > Tyres > 27.5 tyres
WTB Trail Boss TCS Fast Tyre (TriTec-E25) -
WTB Trail Boss TCS Fast Tyre (TriTec/E25)
This electric mountain bike (E-MTB) orientated tyre features an E25 compatible design that's specifically engineered to withstand the additional weight and forces of modern E-bikes. WTB has constructed this model with additional material to not only strengthen the tyre and prevent punctures but also to provide additional support throughout the tyre. Benefitting from a high-quality TriTec compound, it uses its three compounds to ensure maximum levels of grip, support and cornering traction. Another highlight is its TCS Tough/Fast Rolling configuration that boasts long-wearing rubber laid across two full layers of casing to leave no area unprotected. Developed through real testing during the Enduro World Series, this TCS Tough tyre can take some serious abuse.
E-MTB Tyre with TCS Tubeless Technology
Its a tall order to improve the tried-and-true Trail Boss tyre, but WTB promise thats exactly what they've done. The updated Trail Boss builds on perfection with a more aggressive tread pattern to match its increased volume. Generous spacing between sizable knobs provides better traction in loose or wet conditions, while staying true to its fleet-footed heritage. Large, supportive side knobs dig deep, whether youre leaning into a corner or grabbing a handful of brake. Most often used as a rear tyre, the Trail Boss G2 also provides plentiful traction on hardpack trails when used on the front.
Developed to meet the demands of modern electric mountain bike riders, this version comes complete with WTB's prestigious Tubeless Compatible System (TCS) technology. This means that you'll enjoy tubeless advantages such as the ability to run lower tyre pressures for increased stability on rough terrain, lower rolling resistance as well as fewer chances of flats or punctures.
- Compound: TriTec
- Level: TCS Tough/Fast Rolling
- Use: Trail, Enduro
- E-Bike Compatible: Yes, E25 Electric Mountain Bike (E-MTB) ready
- TPI: 60tpi
- Bead: Tubeless Folding
- Type: Clincher
- Optimal Inner Rim Width: 2.4" Option: 25 - 35mm; 2.6" Option: 29 - 40mm
- Conditions: Loose over hard, dirt, loose and rocky
- Single or Pair: Single
- TriTec Compound: Three compounds provide optimal levels of traction, support and durability. A base of high durometer rubber supports the entire tread and transitions into the knobs to prevent folding or squirming. Medium stiffness centre knobs cap the base layer to provide traction and durability without sacrificing rolling efficiency, while soft compound side knobs deliver maximum grip and slow rebound for increased cornering traction.
- TCS Tough/Fast Rolling: Long-wearing rubber laid across two full layers of casing leaves no area unprotected. Developed through real testing during the Enduro World series, TCS Tough tyres can take some serious abuse.
- E25 Compatible: Tyres with an E25 icon on the sidewall are designed to withstand the additional weight and forces of modern e-bikes. E25 tyres are constructed with additional material to not only strengthen the tyre and prevent punctures but also provide additional support throughout the tyre.
- Tubeless Compatible System (TCS): TCS is WTB's standardised tubeless rim/tyre system designed to meet international ETRTO standards and provide the most reliable tubeless system available. Pairing WTBs legendary casings and tread compounds with a Tubeless Folding bead delivers the increased traction and reliability of a tubeless tyre at a lower weight than any tubed alternative.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers:
- W010-0891 Black 27.5" 2.4"
- W010-0894 Black 29" 2.4"
- W010-0896 Black 27.5" 2.6"
- W010-0898 Black 29" 2.6"
Buy WTB Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Tyres
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.