Wilier 101FX XT Mountain Bike 2018 -
Wilier 101FX XT Mountain Bike
With Wiliers highly 60TON Carbon fibre Monocoque frame at its heart, the 101FX XT Mountain Bike is not just lightweight, its a race ready cross country and marathon weapon. Technically efficient and speed optimised, the 101FX adopts technologies from Wiliers top-of-the-line road bikes such as asymmetric rear stays, a pressfit bottom bracket, a tapered headtube and internal cable routing. The use of this high-quality frame means that including the rear shock, the frame weighs a mere 1900g.
Shimano Components and RockShox Suspension
To ensure youve got the edge on race day, Wilier chose some of the best performing and most reliable components for this version of the 101FX. These include RockShoxs SID RL forks and RL rear shock for bumps swallowing travel, powerful Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes and an XC-specific XT 1x11 drivetrain. Topping off this quality package is Mavics Crossmax Elite wheels, which give you the rigid performance and lightning-quick acceleration that you need to be on the podium.
- Frame:Carbon Monocoque 60TON
- Fork:RockShox SID RL, 100mm travel
- Shock:RockShox RL
- Crankset:Shimano XT M8000, 11-Speed, 32T
- Front Derailleur:N/A
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT M8000, 11-Speed
- Shifters:Shimano XT M8000, 11-Speed
- Cassette:Shimano XT M8000, 11-speed, 11/40T
- Chain:Shimano XT M8000
- Brakes:Shimano XT M8000, SM-RT81 180/160mm rotors
- Headset:Ritchey Pro
- Bottom Bracket:Press fit
- Wheelset:Mavic Crossmax Elite
- Tyres:Mavic Crossmax Pulse Pro 2.25"
- Handlebar:Ritchey WCS
- Stem:Ritchey WCS
- Seatpost:Ritchey WCS alloy
- Saddle:Selle San Marco Squadra
- Grips:Plastiche Cassano
Carbon 60TON:To build a great monocoque carbon frame,Wilier looked for the perfect balance of stiffness, comfort and responsiveness at the lightest possible weight. Carbon fibreis an ideal material for bicycle frames because of its qualities of elasticity, capacity to withstand stresses and its strength-to-weight ratio. The higher the modulus, the stiffer the composite. On the other end of the spectrum, the lower the modulus, the more elastic it will be. In the construction of this bike, they implemented MR60H for stiffness in the critical stress areas where lateral stiffness equates to greater efficiency. Then used T800H and T700SC, with more elastic characteristics, to ensure comfort and sure-footed handling. Each was used as minimally as possible once our demanding strength and durability standards were met, ensuring the lightest weight frame possible.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer's boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer's boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from aSMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from aLARGE BOX.
BuyWilier Bikesfrom Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
On sale at Chain Reaction Cycles
See all Complete bikes
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin