Home > Tyres > Offroad tyres
Hutchinson Taipan Tubeless Ready HardSkin Folding 650B Tyre - £40.99
- Delivers excellent lightweight performance and grip
- Sheds mud from the sides thanks to blocks of V-shaped knobs
- The size of the lateral knobs varies to improve grip at varying lean angles
- Progressive tread pattern and knob shape
- HardSkin bead-to-bead puncture protection
- Ideal for all types of terrain and conditions
- Weight: 666g
- Size: 27.5" (650B) x 2.10"
- Compound: RRxc and HardSkin bead-to-bead puncture protection
- TPI: 66
- Bead: Folding, tubeless ready
Tubeless Ready/HardSkin Tyres
- This technology offers the highest ratio of performance and puncture resistance. With Tubeless Ready, sealant is required to seal the tyre, but without sealant, a inner tube may be used instead
Consider purchasing Hutchinson Protect'Air Max sealant with this product
- MTB: Yes
- Weight (g): 666
- Tyre Bead: Folding
- Puncture Protection: HardSkin
- Use: XC, Trail
- Tyre TPI: 66
- Wheel Size: 27.5" (650b)
- Tubless Ready /UST: Yes
Traditionally MTB tyre design is terrain or condition limited, it's either dry or muddy, rocky or wet specific. The Taipan uniquely spans all those conditions through its unique tread and knob design. Widely spaced knobs help shed mud when the going gets wet. Raised geometric ridges between the knob grab onto roots and smaller rocks when you need traction between knob contact.
The rolling contact patch is also knobbed with 3mm high knobs that deliver the perfect mix of tread with low rolling resistance. But traction is only half the story. What moves must stop as well, the Taipan has specifically angled ramps on its geometrically profiled knobs that guarantee that when you grab a handful of brake lever, something predictable happens.
Race Riposte XC (RRxc) Triple Compound (RRxc)
Triple compound construction works like this; hard understructure compound (94 ShA) supports the grippy softer lateral compound (50 ShA) as well as the medium durometer rolling compound (70 ShA). The third compound adds another level of structural integrity to the tyre.
Performance: Tubeless technology facilitates low-pressure riding, optimises grip and increases yield, improving tyre performance.
Comfort: The Tubeless concept dispenses with the inner tube ensuring incomparable comfort and allowing low-pressure riding.
Puncture Resistance: The Hardskin casing reinforcement provides puncture resistance on the tread and sidewalls.
On sale at Wiggle
See all Tyres
Type in required words separated by spaces to search across selected mountain bike stores. A space represents 'AND', so all the words you enter will be present in either the product name or category. Use - (minus) to exclude single words and * as a wildcard, eg. roc*. Words must be of 3 letters or more.
Includes: Chain Reaction :: Wiggle :: Evans :: Merlin